The Pastor’s Porch, December 2, 2020

 

The Pastor’s Porch                                            December 2, 2020

A lady-in-waiting. That’s what the professor said that I would be. Though he fully supported women in ministry, he was referring to the reality that most women have difficulty being called to a pastoral position, and so they often spend months or even years trying. God had other plans for me though as far as calls go. I was called to two positions before I completed my Master of Divinity and was ordained: hospital staff chaplain and Parish Associate at my church. I share this not to boast but to give you an inkling of how crazy my ministry journey is. God never “colors within the lines” in my life! This is Advent, a time of expectation and of waiting and preparing for the coming of the Christ Child. Yes, I am a lady-in-waiting, and so are you (unless you are a gentleman-in-waiting!). So what are you anticipating with the coming  of Jesus? After all, He is coming again. What do you think it will be like? What will you say to Him when He asks you what you did to further his kingdom? I have thought about that a lot, and want to have my best answer ready to share. What is that answer? Well, it is still in progress. Maybe spend some time today thinking about what your answer will be.

Blessed Jesus, help us to use the time well as we wait for You. Help us to seek to give You our best answer when You come. Amen.

Psalm 27:13-14

I remain confident of this:
    I will see the goodness of the Lord
    in the land of the living. 
Wait for the Lord. Be strong and take heart, and wait for the Lord.

Comments