The Pastor’s Porch, October 15, 2020

 

The Pastor’s Porch                                               October 15, 2020

I have a prayer practice that I want to share with you today. It would be better if I could show you, but I’ll do my best to describe it. Take your hands palms up and lay them in your lap. Think about some thing that has either bothered you, or concerned you, or simply has weighed you down. It could be a person or a situation. Close your eyes and just reflect upon whatever it is. When you feel ready lift your hands still palm side up to the level of your heart. Ponder how you respond emotionally to the situation or person. Feel the pain if there’s pain, or worry if there’s worry, or whatever emotion you are feeling. When you are ready, lift your hands in a way that you thrust them above your head and release whatever it is you’ve been pondering to God. It should be like flinging the situation or person to God, being left with your hands above your head wide-open. Try this, and see how it feels. I find it to be very helpful when some thing is really heavy. I pray that you are blessed by this very ancient spiritual practice.

1 Chronicles 29:17

I know, my God, that you search the heart, and take pleasure in uprightness; in the uprightness of my heart I have freely offered all these things, and now I have seen your people who are present here, offering freely and joyously to you.


Comments