The Pastor’s Porch, October 13, 2020

 The Pastor’s Porch                                               October 13, 2020

Today’s weather forecast is for a very large amount of rain. It is supposed to rain all day long. That means it will be very dreary on the porch. But here’s a funny thing -I love to sit on the porch when it rains. The clean smell and the sound are wonderful. I know how much we need the rain right now, so there will be no complaining from me for the lack of sunshine today. Sometimes it feels like it’s raining in my life. Some days are not sunny ones. But like the earth, I too need that rain. It’s during the storms that I turn more intensely to Jesus. He gives me strength for the journey, and He uses the squalls to teach me what I need to know going forward. So I will give thanks even when I don’t  feel like it, because I trust Him completely. Yes, I will sit on the porch today, cuddling my cat, sitting in my rocker, and letting the rain soothe my soul. It’s a good day.

Dear Lord, thank You for the rain. It is such a blessing during a time of drought. Help me to be soothed by the sound and the smell and the washing of the earth. Amen.

Deuteronomy 32:1-3

Listen, you heavens,and I will speak;
    hear, you earth, the words of my mouth.
Let my teaching fall like rain
    and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
    like abundant rain on tender plants. I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!


Comments