The Pastor’s Porch, October 1, 2020


The Pastor’s Porch                                                October 1, 2020 

It is very hard to change old habits isn’t it? I am always amazed how easy it is to repeat behavior and thinking even though I know it to be the wrong way. Einstein said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. How true that is. In order to make changes happen, we have to let go of old patterns. Someone told me once that the greatest challenge for a person is to push back against the tendency to fall back into past patterns. It’s like when I talked about the old tapes that play. This is a time where old ways of doing things may not work at all, yet so often we are stuck. Is there something in your life that needs to change? If so, I invite you to join me in a challenge. For the next week or month, do not allow past thinking and methods to be an option. Simply visualize a stop sign held by an angel, and then stop it. Spend a few minutes each  day simply listening for how God is calling you to do things in a new way. Then  actually do things in a new way! This is what I am going to do.

Lord Jesus, please help me to reject past ways of accomplishing things that no longer work or perhaps have never worked. Please guide me in new ways to live into being all that You have called me to be. Amen.

Hebrews 7:18-19 

The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless (For the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God. 


Comments