The Pastor’s Porch, September 17, 2020

 

The Pastor’s Porch 

September 17, 2020

Autumn is in the air. Yesterday when I took my dog, Butler, out in the morning, I could see my breath! Actually I love the crisp air this time of year. I know that soon the leaves will be painted brilliant colors, and I will once again marvel at God’s palette of paint. I was thinking about the sugar maples here in New England. Their leaves turn such a fiery red that it takes my breath away. I have never seen color like that before I moved here. Isn’t it interesting that a tree that gives its life blood-the sap that we make into maple syrup- has the most brilliant finale before winter? Maybe when we sacrifice everything to God He is so pleased that He paints our lives with brilliance and beauty. I want that indescribable color so that I can glorify God when people see me. Not for my own self but for Him. How about you? I pray that when you see the leaves change this year, you are compelled to shine with the same brilliance!

Dear Lord, how creative You are! No masterpiece painted by humans can compare to the autumn colors that You paint every fall. Help us to appreciate the colors and to desire for You to use us for your creative ways of reaching others for Your kingdom. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Ephesians 2:10

For we are God‘s masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do..


Comments