The Pastor’s Porch, September 30, 2020

The Pastor’s Porch                                           September 30, 2020

My Bengal cat is curled up around my foot this morning. I am sitting in my living room, rather than on the porch, because it’s a little too wet and windy out there today. You may think that she is curled around my feet because she loves me. Well she does love me, but that is not why she is there. You see she has a little felt ball that she wants me to throw. It’s her obsession. Her favorite thing is for me to take it to the top of the stairs and toss it down. To hear her go down the stairs you would think she is hurting herself, but apparently she is not, as she quickly bounds back up with the ball in her mouth ready to go again and again and again. She is at my feet right now because she doesn’t want to let me out of her sight without my throwing that ball. Sometimes I’m like that with God. I want to make sure that He sees me and knows that I want to play. I also want to make sure that He is listening when I speak to Him. I am sure. The surprises He brings into my life show me His unending sense of humor. He laughs when I laugh, He cries when I cry, and I always can lean my head on His knees or curl around His feet if I want to. I am very blessed. By the way, so are you. Perhaps today you can spend some time curled around His feet. He is ready to be with you.

Dearest Lord, let me sit with You awhile. Let me feel Your love and Your smile. I love You. Amen.


 Luke 10:38-42

As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord‘s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!” “Martha, Martha,”the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed – or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”


Comments