The Pastor’s Porch, September 28, 2020

 

The Pastor’s Porch                                           September 28, 2020

Today another week begins. Last week was pretty crazy, but this week looks at least a little bit more sane. Next Sunday is my baby’s 30th birthday. How in the world did that happen?? I am way too young to have a baby that old, and his oldest brother is about to turn 40 in January! A couple of people have mentioned how fast my time has gone here in Orange. Let’s face it - time speeds up the older we get. It is a reminder to me to treasure the time that I have. It’s too easy to look at circumstances and become consumed with worry rather than savoring the moments that we have. Every morning that I awaken I say to the Lord, “This is the day that You have made; I will rejoice and be glad in it.” Honestly I don’t always keep that promise, but I do try. Today is almost the end of September, and October will be rushing in soon. It is the last full month that I will have in my home, with my church, and in Orange. You can bet that I will savor every moment that I can. What do you need to slow down and relish today?

Lord God, put me in slow motion today. Help me to see and appreciate the beauty of all that You have brought into my life. Thank you for so many blessings that You give. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.

Psalm 34:8

Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.



Comments