The Pastor’s Porch, September 24, 2020

 

The Pastor’s Porch                                           September 24, 2020

Have you read Jonah lately? You know the book that we always retell incorrectly. It was NOT a whale! If I asked you how the story goes, you would most likely tell me that the fish was his punishment, and that he came to his senses in its belly, and then agreed to go to Nineveh. Not so. Can you believe that he spent those three days in the fish praising God? The fish was his salvation. Don’t believe me, read the book. After all it’s only four chapters. So why do I bring up Jonah? Because he has always been the reminder to me that when God makes His will clear and is asking me to do something, even something that I might prefer not to do, I better say yes. It always turns out to be incredible. I will share more about this tomorrow. For now friend, why not go read Jonah? Find out when he really changed his mind. Then spend some time in prayer, checking in with God to see if he has some plans in mind for you today.

Lord, thank you for the story of Jonah. Thank you for the reminder that your plans for me are always the right ones. Help me to obey with joy. Amen.

Jonah 2:9

But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, “Salvation comes from the Lord.”



Comments