The Pastor’s Porch, September 22, 2020

 

The Pastor’s Porch                                             September 22, 2020

Today I am taking my car to a body shop. You see the car was damaged when my daughter-in-law was just learning to drive, and she backed out of my very narrow garage and scraped the car against the frame of the garage door. It looks pretty ugly to be frank. However isn’t it amazing that we can take a car to a body shop and then a matter of days, it looks like new?People try to do that sometimes with plastic surgery and so forth. I am not so concerned with having bodywork done on myself so that my exterior looks more perfect. However it is so important that we submit our hearts to God for Him to do His work, molding and shaping so that our hearts become more like Christ’s. I think this week while my car is in the shop. I will spend some time reflecting on the work that God needs to do within me. Perhaps that would be a good thing for all of us to do.

Lord, please change my heart to make it more like Yours. Bang out the dents, cut away anything that isn’t acceptable to You. Thank You, Lord. Amen.

Deuteronomy 30:6

The Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.


Comments