The Pastor’s Porch, September 21, 2020

 

The Pastor’s Porch

September 21, 2020

How many times do things turn out the way we expect them to turn out? Well sometimes they do. However if I look back upon my life’s journey, much has been a surprise. Think back to when you were 21. How did you think your life would go? I thought that I would teach music, be with my husband, and live in the Pacific Northwest all my life. There were many times that he and I would sing the song by the Beatles, “When I’m 64.” Well today I AM 64, and he’s not part of my life, I am a pastor, and I live in Massachusetts! You know what? I wouldn’t trade my current life for anything, much less for what I thought life would be all those years ago. Is everything perfect? Well of course not. But I can see God’s fingerprints all over my life, and I rejoice that He loves me as much as He does, and allows me to continue to grow through the opportunities He brings. Maybe you too could take a few moments today to reflect upon your own life, finding the unexpected turns, and seeing that God has been revealing His plan for you all along. 

Lord God, thank You for not allowing my small expectations of my life to come to pass. If someone had told me years ago what You would do in my journey, I would never have believed it. I give each day to You and rejoice no matter what happens knowing that You are working out a plan for me, and that that plan is good. Amen.

Jeremiah 29:11

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


Comments