The Pastor’s Porch, September 16, 2020

 

The Pastor’s Porch 

September 16, 2020

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face. That actually is unusual for me, as I typically am a bit grumpy until I have my morning coffee. Why was I smiling? I was thinking about the way that God works in my life. You see I used to worry a lot more. Over the years though I have experienced God directly solving situations in incredibly unexpected ways. When I came to Massachusetts He orchestrated every detail. The realtor that I randomly called to sell my house turned out to also be a pastor. As my sister and I drove the 26 foot truck across the country there were many “God moments.” I particularly remember being on a two lane highway and seeing a single wide house being towed  coming toward me. There was a drop off on my side of the road. No choice was good, and it seemed impossible to avoid a bad accident. However I just kept driving and praying. I don’t know how He did it, but God made a way, and we passed each other within an inch or two without colliding. Then there is the story about buying my car. Because I was brand new in Massachusetts-I had been here 4 days-I thought that I would need to buy an inexpensive used car. Yeah and to be honest, my credit score was a little challenged too. My sister insisted that we go to the Subaru dealer near where we were dropping off the truck. I thought that buying my beautiful car was not possible, but it turned out that the owner of the dealership had a grandmother who was a pastor and who “saved his life” during his troubled teen years. He approved the financing on the spot! There are so many stories that I could share but I guess that’s enough for today. Let me just say that these days when I find myself concerned about things, I have developed an attitude of anticipation. I say to God, “I can’t wait to see how You take care of this.” His solutions never fail to amaze me. So what can you bring before Him today?

Lord Jesus, thank You for the creative ways that You intervene in my life. Help me to give everything to You knowing that You can solve the challenges much better than I can. It’s in Your name I pray. Amen.

Ephesians 3:20-21

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen.



Comments