The Pastor’s Porch, September 10, 2020

 

The Pastor’s Porch, September 10, 2020

So what else did I learn from my vacation? I learned about finding joy in tasks that I do. Somehow when I disconnected from the to do list and gave myself freedom to choose, I discovered that it was easier to find joy in the work than before. I could look at the task, decide to do it, and feel the full pleasure of Jesus as I honored Him in what I did. My son and daughter-in-law left last Monday. Shall I share that they left an appalling mess? Yet, as I worked on reclaiming my house,  giving myself the freedom to walk away until I felt like tackling it, so much of the normal resentment melted away. Amazing what finding margin can do. I want to continue to breathe deeply and to find grace in all of the tasks that could otherwise overwhelm me. Maybe you can do the same.

Lord Jesus, why do I so often get hung up in resentment over what I feel I have to do? Please help me to realize that You give me the freedom to choose to approach what needs to be done with grace and without harsh deadlines. Thank You for Your way of giving us the gift of margin in my life. Amen. 

Colossians 3:23-24

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.




Comments