The Pastor’s Porch, August 27, 2020

 

The Pastor’s Porch 
August 27, 2020

Good morning! As I continue to reflect upon the pandemic, I realize that I am extremely grateful for technology. Yes, it was a STEEP learning curve to get our church services online and to learn how to use the various modes of video chat, but it was so worth it. Even those who cannot access the technology can participate over the phone. Would I rather be with people in person? Well of course! However now I can run a workshop for a church across the country from my dining room table.  I also attend meetings every week that never happened before. I see my Chicago colleagues weekly instead of only on the rare occasions that I flew there. Relationships have grown, and ministry is being done with wider impact than ever before. So yes, today I thank God for the ingenuity He has given human beings, enabling us to do far more than we could have imagined. What has technology enabled you to do during this time for which you can thank the Lord?

Lord, out of these difficult times has sprung new ways of using technology to connect and to make an even greater impact for Your kingdom. Thank You for the gift of ingenuity and the courage to use it. Amen

Ephesians 3:20-21

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is in work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.



Comments