The Pastor’s Porch, August 26, 2020

 

The Pastor's Porch

August 26, 2020

Good Wednesday morning! Today’s reflection is upon a loss caused by our current reality. Do you miss hugs? I surely do! There is nothing that substitutes for touch. I have been fortunate to have Noor and Andrew to hug but they are leaving on Monday. I wonder when I will feel the touch of another person again. There are so many who live with that reality, and it saddens my heart. And honestly there is no real solution or substitute. So today I commit to pray for those who have no one to touch. Maybe God will bring something to mind that I can do to help. I know that this is a poor substitute but here is a virtual hug for you, my friend. 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Lord Jesus, I pray that You will hug those today who are lonely. Your touch is the best, and can be received even in this challenging time. Please show me how to bring a “hug” to those who are lonely. Amen.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-5

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:

    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,

Comments