The Pastor’s Porch, August 14, 2020

 

The Pastor’s Porch 
August 14, 2020

Do you ever have those times when you wish God would just give you a road map to tell you where He wants you to go and/or what He wants you to do? I am experiencing that this morning. Just when I think I have it all figured out, God steps in and reminds me that He is in charge, not me. This should not come as a surprise especially during these unpredictable times, but it inevitably does. So what do I do? I woke up really early this morning compelled to spend extra time talking to Jesus before the day began. He never fails to offer me the gift of His peace when I do that. I just have to choose to receive it. So what choices might God be calling you to make today? We can choose to offer encouragement to someone or not. We can choose to do a chore or not. We can choose to speak of Jesus to someone or not. What is God asking of you and of me today? Let’s seek His will and then follow through with His request, okay? Have a great weekend!

Lord, please be clear in Your direction for my day and for my life. Help me to make a priority of taking the time to listen for Your voice. Amen.

Micah 6:8

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Comments