The Pastor's Porch, Aug. 6, 2020


The Pastor's Porch
August 6, 2020

Stop crowding me!!  Hey, look where you are going!  I don't even know why we are doing this.  Oh my goodness, look who else is here.  I have never liked them before.  That one over there?  Frankly, that one makes me nervous.. yikes!  Ooh, I have never seen those before.  So beautiful...  Hey, you!  Why are you SO slow?  Whoa, they are incredibly big.  Just think, a few weeks ago we were minding our own business when God told us to come here.  No clue why, but since He is, after all, GOD, the LORD, we wouldn't dare say "no."  Where are we supposed to hang out in this thing?  Oh yeah, I see that guy over there.  He seems to be in charge.  He's got that, well that Spirit flowing from him, so let's trust him.  Right...in...here.  Say, this is not too bad.  The bed feels just right, and the food looks delicious.  I just hope those neighbors quiet down.  Otherwise we'll never get any sleep!!

Lord God, how we complain sometimes when all You have in mind is good things for us.  Yes, there are times that we feel crushed or held back or pushed ahead.  Yes, we seem to be asked to keep doing unfamiliar even uncomfortable things these days, but in the end, we choose to trust You in all things. In Jesus' name we pray.  Amen.

Jer. 3:22:  Yes, we will come to you, for you are the Lord our God.

Comments