Pastor’s Porch, August 18, 2020

 

The Pastor’s Porch 
August 18, 2020

Being alone can be difficult, can’t it? I am sitting on my porch thinking about the fact that my youngest son and his wife will be leaving to start a new and hopefully wonderful life in a couple of weeks. I am so happy for them and really proud too! However that means that, for the first time in over a year, I will be alone. Yes I have a congregation here in Massachusetts who cares for me, but ultimately I will be on my own like I was when  I first arrived here. So what do I do with the solitude? Well I simply will spend more time with God! We all miss physically connecting with one another, don’t we?  I am learning to receive the blessings of connecting with God rather than the hugs and approval of others. Only with Him can I ultimately be assured of being loved. I pray that you too can focus on how extravagantly you are loved and can draw strength for your day from that knowledge. 

Dear Lord, I need to know that I am unconditionally loved by You. Help me figure out ways to remain in contact with others around me and to encourage them. Thank You for the reality that You are always with me, especially when I am alone. Amen.

Nehemiah 9:6

You alone are the LordYou made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.


Comments