The Pastor's Porch, July 6, 2020


The Pastor's Porch
July 6, 2020

Such a lovely morning today!  As I sat on my porch (yes, I really do have one) listening to the birds and watching my cat chasing butterflies, I breathed in the cool air and praised God for all of the blessings that He has brought into my life.  As a new week begins, I can't help but wonder what the rest of the summer will hold.  Will it be hot or cool, humid or pleasant?  Will it bring lots of thunderstorms?  It is good to know that despite the turmoil that surrounds us right now, we have a God who holds not only the weather, but everything in His hands.  Someone asked me once, "do you only think that God is good in sunny times?"  She was wondering how it is possible to know that He is good, even when storm after storm comes.  I suppose that certainty comes only from faith.  When I struggle and God might seem far away, I remember how I felt when He and I were celebrating better times.  I trust that the same God is there to shed a tear with me when I no longer feel like celebrating.  The same is true for you, my friend.  Breathe deeply today knowing that whether it rains or shines, God is good, and all will be well.  Lord, let me take a deep breath right now with my face turned towards You.  Let me feel Your light even when it is dark and stormy.  Thank You for Your love.  Amen.

Rom. 8:28:  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.


Comments