The Pastor's Porch, July 3, 2020



The Pastor's Porch
July 3, 2020

Tomorrow is Independence Day.  This year's celebrations will be quite different, won't they? Fireworks displays, parties, barbeques, parades all mostly canceled because of the virus.  In addition, people will be protesting in many cities because though our Founding Fathers won independence for white people, there was no such freedom for our black brothers and sisters, nor the indigenous people who were here long before us.  This year finds us as a more divided country than ever.  So what can we do?  God tells us that if we change our evil ways and turn towards Him, he will heal our land.  I guess for me that means that over this holiday weekend, I need to spend some time reflecting upon what I do and what I think that are not pleasing to Him, and then to ask His forgiveness and commit to do better.  May you have a blessed Fourth of July and truly, may God bless America.  Lord, forgive us, forgive our country for our sins.  Please show us how to receive your healing. In Jesus' name, Amen.

2 Chronicles 7:14: 
...if My people who are called by My name put away their pride and pray, and look for My face, and turn from their sinful ways, then I will hear from heaven. I will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comments