The Pastor's Porch, July 27, 2020


The Pastor's Porch
July 27, 2020

As is my custom, this Monday morning I am thinking about the week ahead.  What tasks should be on my to do list?  What events/meetings are on my calendar?  What do I feel guilty about that didn't get done last week?  Wait.  Why should I feel guilty anyway?  What good will that do?  No, I am simply going to look ahead, not behind.  It doesn't matter that some tasks are even weeks overdue.  Don't even think about asking me how long ago I ... no I am not going to confess it.  You know, I think that I am going to approach today and this week differently than usual.  What if I took the words, "whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord," actually TO heart?  What if I asked Jesus what tasks He wants me to do today instead of setting Him aside to get MY work done?  What if when I clean up my messy kitchen I am doing it for Him?  Oh my, that does change one's perspective, doesn't it?  Ok, I am now ready for the week.  It's going to be a good one! 

Lord, Jesus, I confess that I really can get my priorities messed up.  Thank You for Your infinite grace.  I commit this day to Your purposes and to Your glory.  In Your name I pray.  Amen.

Colossians 3:23-24: 

23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEhlwljvOq0



Comments