The Pastor's Porch, July 2, 2020





The Pastor's Porch
                                                     Reflections from Pastor Mary (July 2, 2020)

Have you ever watched a hummingbird?  I have been fascinated with these creatures since I was a little girl.  How fast their wings flutter!  Once I was watching one of them, and I thought to myself how I had never seen a hummingbird being still. I could relate.  So much to do, so little time as the saying goes.  While I was watching, to my great surprise and delight, this particular tiny bird landed on a branch near me and began to groom itself!  It then sat for a while before taking off again.  I felt God's whisper that I too needed to take time to rest and to be with Him.  Maybe this day you can take a few moments to look out the window and see something in a new way.  And perhaps you too will experience God's whisper to you.  Lord, please help me to spend a few moments at rest today, listening for Your voice and seeing the beauty of Your creation.  Thank You that You love me so dearly.  Amen.

Song of Solomon 2:11-12

11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

Link to the song, "Hummingbird":  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r5Sl6WouLU.


Comments