The Pastor's Porch, July 13, 2020


The Pastor's Porch
July 13, 2020

Have you ever pondered some of the unusual creatures that God made for our pleasure?  The other night I had the chance to introduce my almost 30 year old to lightening bugs.  Yeah, I know, to some of you they are fireflies, but when I was growing up in the South they were lightnin' bugs (hear that in a drawl), and so they will always be to me.  Can you imagine Jesus looking out on the brand new earth and saying to Himself, "You know what? I am going to put blinking lights in this bug.  Won't it be fun for my beloved children to watch them and even catch them?" I can picture His delight as He made the first one and watched it light for the first time.  Can you hear His laughter?  I find it good sometimes to think about what must have been delightful times for God.  Look at these creatures that He made:
50 Rare Creatures That Are Almost Too Weird to Actually ExistBlowfish don't actually hold their breath when inflated
Blobfish                     Blue Dragon             Blowfish

I hope that this post brings a smile to your day.  We worship such an amazing God, don't we?
Lord, thank You for Your creativity and humor.  Thank You that you delight in us and desire to bless us with your love and so many good things.  Help us to delight in You as well.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

Psalm 111:2:  Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them.

Comments